HLTFA301C Apply First aid is the combination of Emergency first aid and CPR. It is also referred to as senior first aid or level 2 First Aid.
You can enrol into this course for $150 per participant.
According to WorkSafe Victoria Compliance code for first aid in the workplace, this is the minimum acceptable level of training for first aid officers in the workplace.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, which means you don’t require any pre training in the area of first aid to enrol.
We recommend you renew this qualification every three (3) years from the date of issue; however the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends you update the CPR component of the course annually.
Weekend course commences TBA 830am-430pm.
Weekday commences June 3rd 2013 9am – 5pm
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Assess an emergency situation
2. Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty
3. Administer First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures
4. Manage a casualty with external bleeding
5. Manage a casualty suffering from shock
6. Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock
7. Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries
8. Manage a casualty suffering Near Drowning/Drowning
9. Manage a casualty suffering Head / Chest / Abdominal Injuries
10. Manage a casualty suffering Extremes of Temperature
11. Administer First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic Reactions
12. Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures
13. Determine Principles for Assessment and Movement of the Sick & Injured and First Aid Recording Requirements
14. Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first aid officer
15. Determine first aid facilities and training requirements